Monday, November 1, 2010

The Last day in my old school

As I took the last flight of stairs..
From the past, from my old school.
Tears filled my eyes,remembering my school days
here i m leaving forever,my old school


I felt the laughter in the corridors die away
when  we friends part each on his way..
All in a hurry to colour their undrawn future
Smashing behind them the rich oil-portraits f past


The teachers stood their waving to us
Was there tears behind their eyes
The gentle hands that helped shape us
Shivering due to cold or sadness ; i know not


The same hands that welcomed us years ago
Will continue their jobs to kids years hence
And when they are ready to leave,with a good bye
not caring to thank those hands they step away..




The playground that echoed our shouts and cries..
Lay still...Here only silent good byes
Never will our feet touch that sands again
For time has swept us ahead through many a summer and rain!!


The classrooms that chorused our song
And cheered our achievements all along
The benches and desks which shared our whispers
All lie so cold and abandoned like torn of pictures


The garden trees alone let a mourn very low
They were small when i joined here years ago
And in these twelve years time can change..and we too change!!


Only when its time to take leave of things
We realize how precious they are to us
By that time it will be too late
For we are controlled by invisible hands of fate...


Here in my school I learnt rights from wrongs
Alphabets, words, poems,and songs
Here i developed my mind
And learnt to be truthful and kind


Here i met my friends...those friendships
Which helped me survive hardships...
Oh my school, words are not enough to thank you
For u have given me worlds best teachers too..


Now i leave you forever, my school
stepping to the future, a last glance back..
But your memories  in me will lie
Eternal sweet and pure,till i die.......!!!!

1 comment: